Doin’ the things/a spider can:
Saw Spiderman tonight. A good time had by all. Some thoughts, though:
- To the question Kirsten Dunst: hot or not?, I must say her body is most certainly bangin’, but dude: is it just me, or does she still have all her baby teeth?
- Also, she makes a much better blonde. Red hair totally washes her out. I hate to be that girl who bags on the heroine after the credits roll, but her face is kind of gray and scares me up close. I think she’s a good actress, but she just doesn’t do it for me. Which is fortunate, I guess, since I like boys and all that.
- Tobey Maguire: most definitely does it for me. Never really cared for him before, but I do now. This movie took everything I look for in a potential mate—an awkward, earnest science geek with dark hair and acrobatic flexibility—and put it in really tight pants. Damn, Gina.
- I think Willem Dafoe must get his face sharpened at the same place Maria Shriver does. Did they really need to put him in a mask to make him look scary?
- I have loved James Franco ever since Freaks & Geeks. He broods with the best of them.
- I liked that the actor who played Uncle Ben seemed like a real uncle, not an actor playing an uncle.
- This is more about the previews, but just thinking about that Scooby-Doo movie makes me want to gouge out my eyes and renounce my country.